Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also tyler
- An occupational surname for a tiler.
- A male given name transferred from the surname.
- A female given name used since the 1980s. (Much less common than the male name)
- 1930 Henry Robinson Luce: Fortune. Published by Time, inc.,1930:
- However, the whippet-like appearance of most Tyler Corp. executives suggests what McKinney really wants is a spring-legged crew that can run its competitors into the ground. - - - It's no coincidence, either, that his seven-year-old son is named Tyler.
- 1977 Peter Tauber: The Last Best Hope ISBN 0151483779 page 78:
- "Yeah, I guess. I'm part Ty Cobb and Babe Ruth - on paper."
- Zermatt sucked his teeth, still dubious. "I thought Cobb was Tyrus."
- "Sounded too foreign for my mom or something. And there was some Scottish rebel named Tyler - maybe a cousin, so they compromised. It's kind of presidential, too, I guess. And my middle name is for - da-dum! - George Herman Ruth."