Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
U-turn (plural U-turns)
- (literally) A turn in a vehicle carried out by driving in a semicircle in order to travel in the opposite direction.
- (figuratively) A reversal of policy; a volte-face, a backflip
- The government have done a U-turn and are now supporting greater European integration instead of opposing it.
- Often used in the phrases do a U-turn or make a U-turn.
- uey (Australian & US, colloquial), U-ie (Australian & US, colloquial), Uwey (Australian & US, colloquial),
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked