Unsupported titles/Number sign
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: ♯
|Unicode name||NUMBER SIGN|
- (set theory) The cardinality of a set.
- That is, for a set #S = n.
- (computing) The hash character
- Alternative form of ‡.
- (chess notation) checkmate
- (television) Used in subtitles to indicate that the enclosed text is song lyrics
- (Usenet) Used to pad the left side of a quotation from a manual or official source.
- ﹟ (small form variant)
- (to pad a quotation on Usenet): > (for a quotation not necessarily from a manual or official source)
- (chess): ++
- (food packaging, US) Pound (unit of weight)
- 3# — "three pounds"
- (followed by a numeral: used attributively) Number
- #3 — "number three"
- (number): no.