User:Visviva/Herald Sun 20090113
|← Previous (2009-01-12)||Words harvested from the Herald Sun, 2009-01-13
||→ Next (2009-01-14)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words found in the 2009-01-13 issue of the Herald Sun which did not have English entries in the English Wiktionary when this list was created (2009-01-19).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can simply be removed. English words which may not qualify for inclusion for any reason can be sequestered at the bottom of the list.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in most cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
To activate the "add" links, which simplify the addition of citations, add the following code to Special:Mypage/monobook.js, and clear your cache:
importScript('User:Visviva/pretext.js');When this is done, clicking the "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
In lists created since 2008-02-03, false blue links (entries that exist but lack an English section) are marked with a "*".
39450 tokens ‧ 29260 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 4537 types ‧ 37 (~ 0.816%) words before cleaning ‧
2009 January 13, Michael Howard, “Cameron White&squo;s six clinches Australia win”, Herald-Sun:add
- Result: Australia won by 6 wickets Man of the Match: Michael Hussey Series: Australia won the two-match series 2-0 TEAMS: Australia: Ricky Ponting (capt), Shaun Marsh, David Warner, Michael Hussey, David Hussey, Luke Ronchi, Cameron White James Hopes, Ben Hilfenhaus, Nathan Bracken, Shaun Tait, Ryan Harris (12th man).
2009 January 13, Robert Craddock, “Matthew Hayden quits cricket, declares &squo;It&squo;s time&squo;”, Herald-Sun:add
- " Morris had been a member of Don Bradman's 1948 "invincibles" team.
2009 January 13, Bruce Matthews, “Andy Murray&squo;s short odds bemuse Roger Federer”, Herald-Sun:add
- You don't have linespeople, you don't have fans, we don't have umpires, so it's a different mindset.
2009 January 13, AAP, “Two men rob newsagency and two post offices - police”, Herald-Sun:add
- TWO men are believed to be responsible for a series of robberies on two post offices and a newsagency in Melbourne on Tuesday, police said.
2009 January 13, Leela de Kretser, “Working for the man”, Herald-Sun:add
- After doing the rounds of the company bigwigs who've lost out big time, but still manage to pull in a hefty salary, our working class hero finishes up by saying he's also planning on bringing in megabucks, by buying a scratchie.
2009 January 13, By Emma Kemp, “Temperatures soar as heatwave hits Australia&squo;s southeast”, Herald-Sun:add
- The Tasmanian Fire Service is also on bushfire alert , with temperatures expecting to reach 31C, but this is expected to be shortlived.
2009 January 13, Staff writers, “Victoria swelters while Port Lincoln, South Australia and Sydney burn”, Herald-Sun:add
- Four aircraft - including two air cranes - are currently waterbombing the area, while five trucks from the NSW Fire Brigades and six Rural Fire Service tankers and their crews are battling the inferno on the ground.