User:Visviva/Herald Sun 20090202
|← Previous (2009-02-01)||Words harvested from the Herald Sun, 2009-02-02
||→ Next (2009-02-03)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words found in the 2009-02-02 issue of the Herald Sun which did not have English entries in the English Wiktionary when this list was created (2009-02-03).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can simply be removed. English words which may not qualify for inclusion for any reason can be sequestered at the bottom of the list.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in most cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
To activate the "add" links, which simplify the addition of citations, add the following code to Special:Mypage/monobook.js, and clear your cache:
importScript('User:Visviva/pretext.js');When this is done, clicking the "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
In lists created since 2008-02-03, false blue links (entries that exist but lack an English section) are marked with a "*".
39357 tokens ‧ 28410 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 4649 types ‧ 35 (~ 0.753%) words before cleaning ‧
2009 February 2, Byron Kaye, “Sydneyg graffiti girl Cheyene Back jailed for first offence”, Herald Sun:add
- Cheyene Back, who turned 18 last month, wept as she was sentenced to three months fulltime custody for graffiti at on the public wall at Hyde Park Cafe in Sydney.
2009 February 2, “Brad Haddin hits back at Daniel Vettori accusation”, Herald Sun:add
- Bruce Oxenford sent opener Brendon McCullum (0) on his way lbw despite looking to have edged Shaun Tait's thunderbolt onto his pads.
2009 February 2, By staff writers and wires, “NSW, Victoria on fire alert as Queensland prepares for flooding”, Herald Sun:add
- "We've got stink bugs, centipedes and midgies in plague proportions and they'll get worse as the mud is revealed.
2009 February 2, Carly Crawford, “Ben Graham&squo;s punt lands him at the Super Bowl”, Herald Sun:add
- While fans are still expected to wager $15.6 billion on the game, Las Vegas Sports Consultants oddsmaker Jason Been said the tough economic conditions had taken a toll on betting.
2009 February 2, Bernie Pramberg, “Michael Katsidis chases return bout with Cuban great”, Herald Sun:add
- Speaking from the Philippines, where he easily outpointed Argentine Angel Hugo Ramirez in front of a sellout crowd of almost 10,000 on Saturday night, Katsidis said he was ready to fight in front of Australian fans after an absence of two years.
2009 February 2, “NSW set Tasmania 351 to win Sheffield Shield match”, Herald Sun:add
- Jaques was dropped on five and edged a ball through slips on seven before falling to veteran Tasmanian paceman Gerard Denton for 12.
2009 February 2, Sarah Wotherspoon, “Melbourne&squo;s water storages drop 32 billion litres in January”, Herald Sun:add
- The dry conditions took their toll on the city's water storages, which are now just 33 per cent - 77 billion litres lower than at this time last year when they were 37.1 per cent full.
2009 February 2, Bruce Matthews, “Colin Stubs says big names soft when the heat&squo;s on”, Herald Sun:add
- "He's aggressive and he's not a bad volleyer either.
- ferris -> ferris wheel
2009 February 2, Shannon Deery, “Southern Star Observation Wheel shuts down &squo;indefinitely&squo;”, Herald Sun:add
- MELBOURNE'S $100 million giant ferris wheel has shut down amid safety concerns just five weeks after opening.