User:Visviva/Herald Sun 20090205
|← Previous (2009-02-04)||Words harvested from the Herald Sun, 2009-02-05
||→ Next (2009-02-06)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words found in the 2009-02-05 issue of the Herald Sun which did not have English entries in the English Wiktionary when this list was created (2009-02-06).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can simply be removed. English words which may not qualify for inclusion for any reason can be sequestered at the bottom of the list.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in most cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
To activate the "add" links, which simplify the addition of citations, add the following code to Special:Mypage/monobook.js, and clear your cache:
importScript('User:Visviva/pretext.js');When this is done, clicking the "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
In lists created since 2008-02-03, false blue links (entries that exist but lack an English section) are marked with a "*".
44121 tokens ‧ 1347 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 959 types ‧ 30 (~ 3.128%) words before cleaning ‧
2009 February 5, Ross Brundrett in Las Vegas, “Season for Frankie Valli&squo;s big hit The Jersey Boys”, Herald Sun:add
- "I was told that 5ft 9in (1.75m) was the limit for the role, and that's how tall I am, although I used to bump it up to 5ft 10in on my biog," said Fox.
2009 February 5, Peter Jean, Paul Anderson, “PM Kevin Rudd backs Darcey family&squo;s call for Childrens&squo; Day”, Herald Sun:add
- Even kinder mates from the Glenferrie Early Childhood Centre promised to remember their friend, and how she "loved playing chasey with the boys".
2009 February 5, AAP, “Senate to hold an inquiry on $42b economic stimulus package”, Herald Sun:add
- The Government wanted its bills rushed through Parliament this week, but Opposition and crossbench senators brokered a deal to force the short inquiry.
- driveby *
2009 February 5, Carly Crawford in New York, “&squo;It&squo;s an Absolut rip-off&squo;: Aussie sues US over TV show”, Herald Sun:add
- In doing so, Absolut allegedly dudded up to 150 potential charity beneficiaries.
2009 February 5, Mark Stevens, “Jim Stynes, Paul McNamee in Melbourne sponsorship row”, Herald Sun:add
- Melbourne's guernsey is still up for sale just 16 days before the club's NAB Cup opener against Hawthorn in Launceston.
2009 February 5, “Kevin Pietersen throws away a century chance against the West Indies”, Herald Sun:add
- The pressure however, was too much for Paul Collingwood, and he was lbw for 16.
- mindblowing *
2009 February 5, Grantley Bernard, “South Dragons&squo; Joe Ingles too hot for Adelaide 36ers”, Herald Sun:add
- As much as the focus was on Ingles' offence, his defence was up a notch, adding to the Dragons' strength and ability as they kept Adam Ballinger (eight points) below his season average of 21.1 ppg, while Paora Winitana (14 points) tried to keep things respectable for the Sixers.
2009 February 5, “Country Road launches 40-plus brand to tap into new market”, Herald Sun:add
- Country Road shares were untraded today and last traded at $3.30.
2009 February 5, AAP, “Tony Mokbel defence says no fair trial possible in Victoria”, Herald Sun:add
- Mokbel, 43, appeared via videolink in the Victorian Supreme Court today for a preliminary hearing before his trial over the murder.
- terrorities (typo/scanno for territories)
2009 February 5, Staff writers, “Treasury warns global recession worse than thought”, Herald Sun:add
- LEADERS of the states and terrorities met Mr Rudd in Canberra to reach agreement on how they would implement infrastucture spending allocated from his stimulus package.