User:Visviva/Herald Sun 20090208
|← Previous (2009-02-07)||Words harvested from the Herald Sun, 2009-02-08
||→ Next (2009-02-09)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words found in the 2009-02-08 issue of the Herald Sun which did not have English entries in the English Wiktionary when this list was created (2009-02-09).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can simply be removed. English words which may not qualify for inclusion for any reason can be sequestered at the bottom of the list.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in most cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
To activate the "add" links, which simplify the addition of citations, add the following code to Special:Mypage/monobook.js, and clear your cache:
importScript('User:Visviva/pretext.js');When this is done, clicking the "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
In lists created since 2008-02-03, false blue links (entries that exist but lack an English section) are marked with a "*".
36281 tokens ‧ 26170 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 4664 types ‧ 28 (~ 0.6%) words before cleaning ‧
2009 February 8, From correspondents in London, England, “Ecstasy 'no worse than horse riding'”, Herald Sun:add
- According to Professor David Nutt, chairman of the Home Office's Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD), "equasy" - addiction to horse riding - causes 10 deaths and more than 100 road traffic deaths annually.
2009 February 8, Staff reporters, “Bushfires in Victoria kill at least 14, destroy hundreds of homes”, Herald Sun:add
- Mr Barca said there was a signficiant firefront in the Kinglake area, heading towards Marysville and beyond in the north and north-west.
2009 February 8, AAP, “Survivors tell of bushfire horror as Victoria burns”, Herald Sun:add
- Mrs Perkins' grandchildren fossicked through the ruins salvaging what they could - a few pot plants and garden ornaments - sentimental things, gifts from Mrs Perkins' late husband Eric.
2009 February 8, Peter Badel, “Ricky Ponting rushes back for ODI against New Zealand”, Herald Sun:add
- Former Test gloveman Steve Rixon said the Australian side desperately needed Ponting's brilliance and was adamant he should never have been rested.
- griller *
2009 February 8, Brooke Kelly, “Victorians turn to web to swap info about relatives, friends in bushfires”, Herald Sun:add
- Names of missing people and those who can not be contacted fill the messageboard, as well as phone numbers for those desperate for information.
2009 February 8, Staff reporters, “Bushfires in Victoria kill 76, death toll will rise”, Herald Sun:add
- Channel 9 has just confirmed that the newsreading legend, who lives in fire-ravaged Kinglake West, can not be accounted for.
- tros *
2009 February 8, By the Dietitians Association of Australia, “Kiss those kilos goodbye”, Herald Sun:add
- Serve with couscous salad made by roasting diced onion, pumpkin, red capsicum, roma tomatoes, zucchini and eggplant in a small amount of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then mix the cooked vegies into one cup of cooked couscous.