User:Visviva/Herald Sun 20090223
|← Previous (2009-02-22)||Words harvested from the Herald Sun, 2009-02-23
||→ Next (2009-02-24)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words found in the 2009-02-23 issue of the Herald Sun which did not have English entries in the English Wiktionary when this list was created (2009-02-24).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can simply be removed. English words which may not qualify for inclusion for any reason can be sequestered at the bottom of the list.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in most cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
To activate the "add" links, which simplify the addition of citations, add the following code to Special:Mypage/monobook.js, and clear your cache:
importScript('User:Visviva/pretext.js');When this is done, clicking the "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
In lists created since 2008-02-03, false blue links (entries that exist but lack an English section) are marked with a "*".
29741 tokens ‧ 21213 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 4093 types ‧ 14 (~ 0.342%) words before cleaning ‧
2009 February 23, AAP, “Tony Abbott defends Peter Costello after John Hewson attack”, Herald Sun:add
- Liberal MPs should be patient and supportive of each other, Mr Downer said, adding backgrounding journalists and bagging out colleagues was exactly what the media and Labor wanted.
2009 February 23, Grantley Bernard, “Ernie Merrick expects one goal to settle grand final”, Herald Sun:add
- COACH Ernie Merrick has warned Melbourne Victory fans not to expect a goalfest against Adelaide United in the A-League grand final.
2009 February 23, Cheryl Critchley, “Ben Cousins feted like a rock star as he clocks on at Richmond”, Herald Sun:add
- Excited children even chased a golf buggy taking Cousins and Matthew Richardson out of the park after they were presented with their 2009 guernseys.
2009 February 23, AFP, “Antibodies discovered to counter Spanish flu, bird flu”, Herald Sun:add
- They discovered that by latching onto a poorly understood part of a lollipop-shaped protein -- called hemagglutin (HA) -- on the surface of the virus, the lab-made antibody had disabled the pathogen's capacity to change shape and thus enter into the host cell.
2009 February 23, John Ferguson, “Princess Anne pledges bushfire donation in Wandong visit”, Herald Sun:add
- Ms Anderson said the Princess Royal, on a whistlestop tour of Australia on behalf of Queen Elizabth II, would be making a personal donation to the Red Cross appeal.
2009 February 23, AAP, “Man 'tried to take snakes on a plane' at Sydney airport”, Herald Sun:add
- The haul of reptiles allegedly found in the 24-year-old's luggage at Sydney airport on Friday included 24 shingleback lizards, 16 bluetongue lizards and four snakes.