User:Visviva/Herald Sun 20090225
|← Previous (2009-02-24)||Words harvested from the Herald Sun, 2009-02-25
||→ Next (2009-02-26)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words found in the 2009-02-25 issue of the Herald Sun which did not have English entries in the English Wiktionary when this list was created (2009-02-26).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can simply be removed. English words which may not qualify for inclusion for any reason can be sequestered at the bottom of the list.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in most cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
To activate the "add" links, which simplify the addition of citations, add the following code to Special:Mypage/monobook.js, and clear your cache:
importScript('User:Visviva/pretext.js');When this is done, clicking the "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
In lists created since 2008-02-03, false blue links (entries that exist but lack an English section) are marked with a "*".
35535 tokens ‧ 25837 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 4586 types ‧ 17 (~ 0.371%) words before cleaning ‧
2009 February 25, By Siobhain Ryan and wires, “Government may be forced to refund millions of alcopops tax revenue”, Herald Sun:add
- Family First senator Steve Fielding attached new conditions to his vote on Labor's decision to increase the excise on alcopops by 70 per cent last April.
2009 February 25, Mal Holland, “Three metre bull shark caught in an hour in Sydney Harbour”, Herald Sun:add
- No berley (mashed fish flesh) was needed to attract the shark, just a simple fillet of tuna.
2009 February 25, Hamish Heard, “Tow trucks reportedly hogging car parks to pounce on cars”, Herald Sun:add
- CONVOYS of council-contracted tow trucks are reportedly hogging inner-city car parks while waiting to pounce on cars in nearby clearways.
2009 February 25, Mark Dunn, “Purana task force investigating bookmaker Simon Beasley”, Herald Sun:add
- If he is found guilty, the disciplinary board has the power to deregister the prominent rails operator.
2009 February 25, By Gabrielle Dunlevy and Jessica Marszalek, “Pauline Hanson hits major Queensland election hurdle”, Herald Sun:add
- The question of preferencing Ms Hanson, and her former One Nation party, has hamstrung the conservative parties in past elections, but Opposition Leader Lawrence Springborg ruled it out immediately.
2009 February 25, Mark Robinson, “Terry Wallace says zip the Ben Cousins razzamatazz”, Herald Sun:add
- "I think there's been enough razzamatazz, I think probably get out there and just play would be the best idea," the Tigers coach said.
2009 February 25, Megan McNaught, “Cowardly killers shoot kangaroos at Yarrambat Park”, Herald Sun:add
- "We had to tranquillise them before we could treat them," she said.
- nulla -> nulla nulla