|← Previous (2007-08-31)||Words harvested from the New York Times, 2007-09-01
||→ Next (2007-09-02)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words found in the 2007-09-01 issue of the New York Times which did not have English entries in the English Wiktionary when this list was created (2009-02-11).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can simply be removed. English words which may not qualify for inclusion for any reason can be sequestered at the bottom of the list.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in most cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
To activate the "add" links, which simplify the addition of citations, add the following code to Special:Mypage/monobook.js, and clear your cache:
importScript('User:Visviva/pretext.js');When this is done, clicking the "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
In lists created since 2008-02-03, false blue links (entries that exist but lack an English section) are marked with a "*".
73457 tokens ‧ 53911 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 7212 types ‧ 20 (~ 0.277%) words before cleaning ‧
2007 September 1, The Associated Press, “Twins Pitcher Takes Perfect Game Into 9th”, New York Times:add
- Baker (8-6), a 25-year-old right-hander, sensed immediately that the ball would fall in for a hit but recovered to get the one-hitter, retiring David DeJesus on a flyout and Mark Grudzielanek on a lineout.
2007 September 1, John Branch, “Strahan to Return to Giants for 15th Season”, New York Times:add
- Coaches will not only be interested to see if Strahan is in strong enough condition to play against the Cowboys, but they are curious to see how healed he is from last season’s midfoot sprain, which kept him out of seven games and forced him to end the season on injured reserve.
2007 September 1, David W. Dunlap, “At Burned Bank Tower, Safety Is a Goal With Many Obstacles”, New York Times:add
- They have required that entire sections be recleaned when they have spotted dime-sized bits of dust or debris.
2007 September 1, Bloomberg News, “Firm Is Issued Subpoena in Inquiry on Student Loans”, New York Times:add
- The company, based in Boston and the third-largest securitizer of student loans , received a subpoena on Aug. 22, according to a statement yesterday on its Web site.
2007 September 1, Kathryn Shattuck, “What’s on Tonight”, New York Times:add
- 9 P.M. (Starz) THE QUEEN (2006) Queen Elizabeth II and Tony Blair struggle with the death of Diana, Princess of Wales , in this semibiographical drama directed by Stephen Frears from a screenplay by Peter Morgan (“Last King of Scotland”).
2007 September 1, Lynn Zinser, “Straight Sets Doesn’t Mean It’s Easy for Serena Williams”, New York Times:add
- It was a stark contrast to the unflustered grace that her sister Venus radiated in a 58-minute dismissal of Alona Bondarenko, ranked and seeded 21st, collecting her third consecutive dominating victory, 6-1, 6-2.
2007 September 1, Cara Buckley, “Corpse in 608 Poses Mystery at Old Hotel for the Frugal”, New York Times:add
- The Hotel Carter is one of the last cheap places to stay in Times Square, a reputation borne out by its waterstained carpets, peeling walls and healthy occupancy rates.