|← Previous (2009-03-25)||Words harvested from the New York Times, 2009-03-26
||→ Next (2009-03-27)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words found in the 2009-03-26 issue of the New York Times which did not have English entries in the English Wiktionary when this list was created (2009-03-26).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can simply be removed. English words which may not qualify for inclusion for any reason can be sequestered at the bottom of the list.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in most cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
To activate the "add" links, which simplify the addition of citations, add the following code to Special:Mypage/monobook.js, and clear your cache:
importScript('User:Visviva/pretext.js');When this is done, clicking the "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
In lists created since 2008-02-03, false blue links (entries that exist but lack an English section) are marked with a "*".
86971 tokens ‧ 65192 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 8632 types ‧ 28 (~ 0.324%) words before cleaning ‧
2009 March 26, Bob Tedeschi, “What Do Your Minutes Cost? You Can’t Tell by the Cellphone Bill”, New York Times:add
- Customers must buy their phones, but a UTStarcom Arc cameraphone from Virgin Mobile costs $50, while a more upscale device on Boost, the Motorola i776 cameraphone with GPS, costs $100.
2009 March 26, Mark Landler, “Clinton Says U.S. Feeds Mexico Drug Trade”, New York Times:add
- Mexican officials complain about mixed signals from the United States, noting that even as the administration steps up law enforcement help on the border, Congress has cut back funds for a three-year, $1.4 billion drug countertrafficking campaign called the Merida Initiative.
2009 March 26, Damien Cave, “Florida Veterans Stream for Testing After H.I.V. Warning”, New York Times:add
- “There is no way to determine if the positive test results are directly related to the endoscopies at each facility,” she said.
2009 March 26, “Nyuk Nyuk Huh? Sean Penn Joins ‘Three Stooges’ Movie”, New York Times:add
- Now they’re both correct. Mr. Penn has joined the cast of “The Three Stooges,” a new MGM comedy based on the vintage film shorts of that knockaround trio, Variety reported. Mr. Penn, who recently won his second Academy Award, for playing the title role in Gus Van Sant ’s “Milk,” is set to play Larry, the wire-haired, violin-wielding Stooge.
2009 March 26, Ben Shpigel, “Back From Classic, Pz Is Source of Concern for Mets”, New York Times:add
- Fans can choose the other four games from among the remaining 11 April home games and the 10 nonweekend home games in May.
2009 March 26, Kenneth Chang, “Recovered Pieces of Asteroid Hold Clues to Early History”, New York Times:add
- The hodgepodge of minerals in ureilites indicates they were heated up but not fully melted, suggesting that they were once part of a much larger asteroid that possessed planetlike geological processes.
2009 March 26, Richard Eder, “Even a Failing Mind Feels the Tug of History”, New York Times:add
- Claude, swoonily charming, master of the “stratospheric orgasm” and genuinely in love with Eloise their rupture came when she had an abortion without telling him incorporates a whole buttery serving of great-French-lover clichés.
- snowbell - Japanese snowbell