|← Previous (2009-03-30)||Words harvested from the New York Times, 2009-03-31
||→ Next (2009-04-01)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words found in the 2009-03-31 issue of the New York Times which did not have English entries in the English Wiktionary when this list was created (2009-03-31).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can simply be removed. English words which may not qualify for inclusion for any reason can be sequestered at the bottom of the list.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in most cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
To activate the "add" links, which simplify the addition of citations, add the following code to Special:Mypage/monobook.js, and clear your cache:
importScript('User:Visviva/pretext.js');When this is done, clicking the "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
In lists created since 2008-02-03, false blue links (entries that exist but lack an English section) are marked with a "*".
68903 tokens ‧ 51321 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 7441 types ‧ 34 (~ 0.457%) words before cleaning ‧
2009 March 31, Jane E. Brody, “A Dip in the Sex Drive, Tied to Menopause”, New York Times:add
- While a Viagra -like drug is not yet an option for women, use of the antidepressant bupropion (Wellbutrin at 300 milligrams a day) may improve sexual arousal and satisfaction in women who are not depressed.
2009 March 31, Siri Carpenter, “Treating an Illness Is One Thing. What About a Patient With Many?”, New York Times:add
- Yet people with multiple health problems a condition known as multimorbidity are largely overlooked both in medical research and in the nation’s clinics and hospitals.
2009 March 31, Nicholas Bakalar, “Vitamin D Pills May Prevent Fractures in Older Adults”, New York Times:add
- A new review of clinical trials appears to show a strong dose-dependent effect for vitamin D in lowering the risk for nonvertebral fractures in the elderly.
2009 March 31, Michiko Kakutani, “Almighty Empire With a Global Reach”, New York Times:add
- This American style of religion has begun to spread around the world through the efforts of what the authors call pastorpreneurs, who have modeled themselves on their American counterparts, building megachurches and entrepreneurial empires.
2009 March 31, Dennis Hevesi, “George Hedges, Lawyer Who Explored Middle East, Dies at 57”, New York Times:add
- They also found another trading center near the Indian Ocean in Oman; the ruins of limestone fortresses in Yemen; and stone monuments, called triliths, that marked caravan routes.
- hespiridin = hesperidin
- neohesperiden = neohesperidin
- sinesetin = sinensetin
- tangeretin = tangeritin
- terpinoids = terpenoids