|← Previous (2009-07-05)||Words harvested from the New York Times, 2009-07-06
||→ Next (2009-07-07)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words found in the 2009-07-06 issue of the New York Times which did not have English entries in the English Wiktionary when this list was created (2009-08-19).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can simply be removed. English words which may not qualify for inclusion for any reason can be sequestered at the bottom of the list.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in most cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
To activate the "add" links, which simplify the addition of citations, add the following code to Special:Mypage/monobook.js, and clear your cache:
importScript('User:Visviva/pretext.js');When this is done, clicking the "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
In lists created since 2008-02-03, false blue links (entries that exist but lack an English section) are marked with a "*".
87257 tokens ‧ 53186 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 7163 types ‧ 28 (~ 0.391%) words before cleaning ‧
2009 July 6, The Associated Press, “Marion Barry Charged With Stalking a Woman”, New York Times:add
- Mortgages Made Simpler Spinning the Web: P.R. in Silicon Valley Tax Bill Appeals Take Rising Toll on Governments The Best Kids' Books Ever Al Franken and the Odd Politics of Minnesota Boehner Reaches Into Bag of Tricks to Disrupt Democrats Go to Complete List » michael jackson palin modern love cancer china maureen dowd obama iran july 3, 2009 june 2, 2009 Go to Complete List » Advertisements Inside NYTimes.com Week in Review » Farewell to an India I Hardly Knew Opinion » Op-Art: Dinosaurs Arts » A Sound Portrait of Central Park N.Y. / Region » A Calming Presence Amid Groans and Screeches Opinion » The Clueless Wives Club A Room for Debate forum on spouses in the dark, from Ruth Madoff to Jenny Sanford.
- ganas *
2009 July 6, Jack Curry, “Chamberlain Flops, but Yanks Get 10th Win in 11 Games”, New York Times:add
- Joba Chamberlain was ineffective on Sunday, gaving up nine hits and eight runs (three earned) in three and two-thirds innings.
- goto *
2009 July 6, Bill Carter, “‘Tonight Show’ Audience a Decade Younger”, New York Times:add
- (May 13, 2008) It's Official: Jimmy Fallon Is Next for 'Late Night' (May 12, 2008) Related Searches O'Brien, Conan Get E-Mail Alerts National Broadcasting Co Get E-Mail Alerts Television Get E-Mail Alerts Advertising and Marketing Get E-Mail Alerts Next Article in Business (4 of 25) » <A HREF="http://www.nytimes.com/adx/bin/adx_click.html?type=goto&page=www.nytimes.com/yr/mo/day/business/media&pos=MiddleRight&sn2=8098ecb3/d43bfe88&sn1=ec9ecf5c/534a9a0&camp=Cisco_FY09q4BENdSur_2-1081721-nyt2&ad=Cisco_FY09q4BEN.TimePeople.dart336x850.Guru&goto=http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N3941.nytimes/B3676985.3;sz=336x850;ord=2009.07.06.06.03.00?"
2009 July 6, Randy Kennedy, “Sound Tunnel: Avant-Garde Park Portrait”, New York Times:add
- Conjuring up images of Gene Hackman as the surveillance expert in Francis Ford Coppola ’s film “The Conversation,” Mr. Morton moved through the park surreptitiously for more than 40 days over the course of a year, capturing gospel choirs, park-bench arguments, the rattle of dead leaves and the heartbeatlike clack of lawn-bowling balls.
- jackson *
- july *
- june *
2009 July 6, Brian Stelter, “Rise of Web Video, Beyond 2-Minute Clips”, New York Times:add
- More than anything else, the longer viewing spans may speak to the maturation of the medium itself. Mr. Konkle said that the first kinetoscopes, in the 1890s, were about 30 seconds long, because the format required outrageously long strips of film.
2009 July 6, Brooke Crothers, “Despite Turmoil in the Chip Industry, Signs of Hope for Micron Technology”, New York Times:add
- The company recently introduced a new microdisplay panel, using technology it acquired from Displaytech.
2009 July 6, Jad Mouawad, “Volatile Swings in Price of Oil Stir Fears on Recovery”, New York Times:add