|← Previous (2009-07-12)||Words harvested from the New York Times, 2009-07-13
||→ Next (2009-07-14)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words found in the 2009-07-13 issue of the New York Times which did not have English entries in the English Wiktionary when this list was created (2009-08-19).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can simply be removed. English words which may not qualify for inclusion for any reason can be sequestered at the bottom of the list.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in most cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
To activate the "add" links, which simplify the addition of citations, add the following code to Special:Mypage/monobook.js, and clear your cache:
importScript('User:Visviva/pretext.js');When this is done, clicking the "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
In lists created since 2008-02-03, false blue links (entries that exist but lack an English section) are marked with a "*".
90117 tokens ‧ 53206 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 7089 types ‧ 14 (~ 0.197%) words before cleaning ‧
2009 July 13, Stuart Elliott, “Minneapolis Agencies Team Up to Attract Ad Talent”, New York Times:add
- The Web site will include samples of campaigns produced by Minneapolis agencies, video clips of employees discussing why they like the market, information on events and careers and even a virtual tour of the town that can be taken with personalized avatars called advatars, which can be dressed in skinny jeans, flannel shirts and other signature outfits of the creative class.
- asado *
2009 July 13, Simon Akam, “To Unite Diverse Communities, a Tournament of Skill”, New York Times:add
- “We play a soccer game, we make a barbecue it’s called asado we listen to our music,” said Dean Burgoa, a 37-year-old originally from the Argentine town of Mendoza.
2009 July 13, David Barboza, “China Rattles Investors With Detentions of Executives”, New York Times:add
- Path to Court: Speak Capably but Say Little In Ghana, Obama Preaches Tough Love Trial by Firefighters For Palin, a Long March to a Short-Notice Resignation Goldman Sachs Likely to Post Huge Profits, Analysts Say Looking for the Lenders' Little Helpers Go to Complete List » health modern love michael jackson cancer july 3, 2009 obama china maureen dowd crossword palin Go to Complete List » Sacha Baron Cohen as "Bruno" Also in Movies »
- goto *
2009 July 13, Edward Wong, “Fuse of Fear, Lit in China, Has Victims on 2 Sides”, New York Times:add
- Path to Court: Speak Capably but Say Little In Ghana, Obama Preaches Tough Love Trial by Firefighters For Palin, a Long March to a Short-Notice Resignation Goldman Sachs Likely to Post Huge Profits, Analysts Say Looking for the Lenders' Little Helpers Go to Complete List » health modern love michael jackson cancer july 3, 2009 obama china maureen dowd crossword palin Go to Complete List » Advertisements <A HREF="http://www.nytimes.com/adx/bin/adx_click.html?type=goto&opzn&page=www.nytimes.com/yr/mo/day/world/asia&pos=BigAd2&sn2=682d48ee/9657acfd&sn1=7f8a69e4/de9df4cf&camp=Adobe_Acrobat09q3AB-1133419-nyt2&ad=Adobe_09q3AB.ROS.dart300x250.PreEmp&goto=http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N4270.NYT/B3694507.3;sz=300x250;ord=2009.07.13.06.00.32?"
- jackson *
- july *
2009 July 13, James R. Oestreich, “Levine Leads Young Musicians Into Wagnerian Territory”, New York Times:add
- In recent seasons they have included smaller turnouts on the often boggy lawn and the loss of some 30 huge trees on festival properties to a freak wall of tornadolike wind.
2009 July 13, Jon Caramanica, “Kinetic, Exuberant and Loud on the Topic of Romance”, New York Times:add
- For an hour, as the drummer David Prowse played jumpy, unflamboyant arrangements, Mr. King was electric.