User:Visviva/Toronto Star 20090116
|← Previous (2009-01-15)||Words harvested from the Toronto Star, 2009-01-16
||→ Next (2009-01-17)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words found in the 2009-01-16 issue of the Toronto Star which did not have English entries in the English Wiktionary when this list was created (2009-01-19).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can simply be removed. English words which may not qualify for inclusion for any reason can be sequestered at the bottom of the list.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in most cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
To activate the "add" links, which simplify the addition of citations, add the following code to Special:Mypage/monobook.js, and clear your cache:
importScript('User:Visviva/pretext.js');When this is done, clicking the "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
In lists created since 2008-02-03, false blue links (entries that exist but lack an English section) are marked with a "*".
53630 tokens ‧ 41087 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 6666 types ‧ 24 (~ 0.36%) words before cleaning ‧
2009 January 16, Kristin Rushowy, “Atwood novel too brutal, sexist for school: Parent”, Toronto Star:add
- "It's really antifundamentalism.
2009 January 16, Jason Anderson, “Notorious: Measure of B.I.G. missing”, Toronto Star:add
- Knowledge of the ill will to come casts a shadow over scenes featuring the two MCs in happier days, long before the bicoastal feud that would poison their careers and culminate in the violent deaths of both men.
2009 January 16, Brian Hunt, “Interprovincial labour mobility, yes. Lower standards, no.”, Toronto Star:add
- Yet in the shadow of all this, at the First Ministers' Meeting in Ottawa today, our premiers are expected to sign off on significant changes to the trade pact respecting interprovincial labour mobility for occupations and professions.
2009 January 16, “The two sides of Sri Lanka's violent struggle”, Toronto Star:add
- We will conquer and ensure that the innocent Tamil diaspora will be able to go back to their roots and reunite with family in the peninsula scattered with palmyra fronds without fears of extortion by the Tamil Tigers.
2009 January 16, Peter Howell, “We haven't changed, the world has, Redford tells Sundance opener”, Toronto Star:add
- It has since grown into a world-class event attracting participation around the globe, and producing films capable of mainstream attention and awards action, as happened three years ago when Little Miss Sunshine went from its Sundance preem to a Best Picture nomination.