User:Visviva/Toronto Star 20090508
|← Previous (2009-05-07)||Words harvested from the Toronto Star, 2009-05-08
||→ Next (2009-05-09)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words found in the 2009-05-08 issue of the Toronto Star which did not have English entries in the English Wiktionary when this list was created (2009-08-22).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can simply be removed. English words which may not qualify for inclusion for any reason can be sequestered at the bottom of the list.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in most cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
To activate the "add" links, which simplify the addition of citations, add the following code to Special:Mypage/monobook.js, and clear your cache:
importScript('User:Visviva/pretext.js');When this is done, clicking the "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
In lists created since 2008-02-03, false blue links (entries that exist but lack an English section) are marked with a "*".
57996 tokens ‧ 42914 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 6950 types ‧ 12 (~ 0.173%) words before cleaning ‧
- alcools *
2009 May 8, Ben Rayner, “He's the one: Boss shakes ACC”, Toronto Star:add
- He and the sturdy, 10-piece E-Street "arkestra" came out in full to-the-cheap-seats anthem mode, braying "Badlands" and a nicely kickin' "No Surrender" we got Max Weinberg behind the drum kit, not fill-in son Jay as on some dates, and it showed to the rafters with passably youthful gusto, if not quite the faultless higher-register pipes the Springsteen of 20 years ago could pull off.
- astro *
2009 May 8, Peter Howell, “Star Trek's smooth landing”, Toronto Star:add
- The script, by Transformers scribes Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, is larded with constant time travel (I lost track of the dates), planet-sucking black holes (caused by a scarlet goo risibly called "red matter"), weird grudges that seem to last millennia and other astro inanity.
- boston *
- restructures *
2009 May 8, “Quebec court approves pension financing plan”, Toronto Star:add
- AbitibiBowater Inc., North America's biggest newsprint maker, won approval from Quebec courts for a plan to raise $100 million (U.S.) in new financing and end some pension payments as it restructures in bankruptcy protection.
- scrofa *
2009 May 8, Joel Achenbach, “Viruses crossed globe to meet in `Pig Zero,' researchers suspect”, Toronto Star:add
- When it comes to influenza, the thoroughfare between Homo sapiens and Sus scrofa domesticated pigs is something of a superhighway.
2009 May 8, “First we pay all the lawyers, Chrysler's attorney urges bankruptcy judge”, Toronto Star:add
- Jones Day's fees and expenses "are hereby granted superpriority status," the law firm said in a draft order filed April 30 by Ball in U.S. Bankruptcy Court.