User:Visviva/Toronto Star 20090716
|← Previous (2009-07-15)||Words harvested from the Toronto Star, 2009-07-16
||→ Next (2009-07-17)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words found in the 2009-07-16 issue of the Toronto Star which did not have English entries in the English Wiktionary when this list was created (2009-08-22).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can simply be removed. English words which may not qualify for inclusion for any reason can be sequestered at the bottom of the list.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in most cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
To activate the "add" links, which simplify the addition of citations, add the following code to Special:Mypage/monobook.js, and clear your cache:
importScript('User:Visviva/pretext.js');When this is done, clicking the "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
In lists created since 2008-02-03, false blue links (entries that exist but lack an English section) are marked with a "*".
57331 tokens ‧ 40496 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 6426 types ‧ 16 (~ 0.249%) words before cleaning ‧
2009 July 16, Bernadette Morra, “Crafty ladies hip to the bead”, Toronto Star:add
- It was at a Bead Junction workshop that Goodis learned the technique for the fringed necklace that she has riffed on with her own palette and sensibility that being typical of beaders who will master a technique, then run with it.
2009 July 16, Steve Mertl, “100 planes to fly coast to coast to mark Canadian flight centennial”, Toronto Star:add
- For details, visit crosscanada flight.com.
2009 July 16, Dana Flavelle, “Bling losing its lustre”, Toronto Star:add
- "Jewellery is probably one of the most discretionary, delayable purchases there is except for your Sweet 16th or your 25th anniversary where you've got to cough up something," said John Williams of the Toronto-based retail-consulting firm J.C. Williams Group.
2009 July 16, “School/article/667020 Athletic honour roll for 2008-09”, Toronto Star:add
- Iona (Mississauga): Andrew DiCarlo (football, soccer, golf) and Marc Anthony DiMatteo (swimming, doccer, football)
- nae *
2009 July 16, John Terauds, “Britain's `other' talent still has plenty to smile about”, Toronto Star:add
- If Il Divo one of the earlier poperatic mega hits of Potts's producer, Simon Cowell could do it, so could Potts, even if he didn't have the poster-boy idol looks to match.
- vive *