Registered Wiktionary editor since March 11, 2007.
I am a university professor in Ontario, Canada. In Wiktionary I have added and edited philosophical terms and Canadianisms, and enjoy contributing idioms. I also like to root about at random. I make a special effort to add literary and scholarly quotations to entries, as well as verified references.
My Wikipedia user page is here.
- Wiktionary: New English entries created = 1703 (excluding alt forms, redirects, plurals, etc.)
- as Silent Sam = 508 (from March 17 / 2011 up to and including Feb 9 / 2014)
- as Ghost of WikiPedant = 131 (from July 6 / 2010 up to and including Dec 6 / 2010)
- as WikiPedant = 1064 (from March 18 / 2007 up to and including Feb 26 / 2010)
|Utilities||Logs - New - Cleanup - Verification - Deletion - Requests - Shortcuts - Vandalism - New editors’ contribs - Patrol Anons|
|Welcome||FAQ - Format - Inclusion - Policies - Statistics - Talk - Mailing lists - Admins - Help|
|Wanted||Altarm – epistopics – ᵊ - out back – iv – lynn – jump back - pochemuchka – iktsuarpok (+/-)|
- Quotations: Acad journal:circular argument, Bible:fervent, Book(ed):sticking point, G&M:Timbit, Lit:akin, nark, Misc:egress, hyperbole, Winnipegger, NYT:little emperor, Ruakh:under erasure, TimeMag:straightforward, TimesOL:spiffing, Web:chump-change, joe job
- References: Templates, AmHeritIdioms:mutual admiration society, CambrAdv:troubleshooting, CdnEnc:notwithstanding clause, Dict.com(multi-word):small fry, Encarta:Jeeves, Marines:numbnuts, OED2nd:smithers, RHWUED&OED2nd:busy work.
- Usage notes: beg the question, druthers
- Footnotes: ambulance chaser, outport, undoubtably
- Multiple plural forms: compendium
- Always plural: BVD's, dog days, druthers, smithers, short hairs, tix, trappings
|This is a Wiktionary user page.
If you find this page on any site other than Wiktionary, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated, and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wiktionary itself. The original page is located at.