User talk:DPMaid

Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to: navigation, search

Of course a man needs a maid. SemperBlotto (talk) 09:42, 2 March 2014 (UTC)

Restoring pedialite[edit]

I will restore pedialite template using AWB, using dump enwiktionary-20140728-pages-articles.xml.

--DPMaid (talk) 18:52, 22 August 2014 (UTC)

The actual number of edits was around 2700; the remaining pages from the worklist still used "pedialite".

Example diff: diff

Prevalence of the competing markups obtained from the dump from Windows command line:

  • 'find /c "{{pedialite" enwiktionary-20140728-pages-articles.xml' yields 12980 hits.
  • 'find /c "{{projectlink|wikipedia" enwiktionary-20140728-pages-articles.xml' yields 1 hit. Yes, only 1 hit.
  • 'find /c "{{projectlink|pedia" enwiktionary-20140728-pages-articles.xml' yields 601 hits.
  • 'find /c "{{projectlink" enwiktionary-20140728-pages-articles.xml' yields 857 hits.

--DPMaid (talk) 01:00, 23 August 2014 (UTC)

Restoring Czech rhyme pages[edit]

I have restored Czech rhyme pages to their state before a run by MewBot from the beginning of September 2014. The MewBot run was probably undiscussed, as is their habit.

Some characteristics:

  • Technology: AWB
  • Number of replacements: over 1300
  • Replacement:
    • Restore the top line to read "[[Wiktionary:Rhymes|Rhymes]] > [[Rhymes:Czech|Czech]]".
    • Place Category:Czech rhymes at the bottom
  • Consequence: the rhyme pages are no longer categoried into rhyme subcategories. I oppose rhyme subcategories.
  • Example edit: diff

This DPMaid run restored the pages to status quo ante.

--DPMaid (talk) 08:35, 14 September 2014 (UTC)

Adding Polish external links[edit]

I added Polish external links to between 1000 and 2000 pages. I first started alphabetically and then by a frequency list. To add an external link, I would open a command URL that uses User:DPMaid/common.js.

The external link is to a PWN dictionary page, which has multiple dictionaries and corpus search results; overall looks quite neat.

I only added links to pages for which the target page had dictionary results. To do that, I run the candidate term list through the following filter:

import sys, urllib, httplib, re
# Take a list of Polish terms and output only those that are found in Polish dictionaries online
for term in open(sys.argv[1]):
  term = term.rstrip()
  termURL = term
  # Assumption: the input encoding is UTF-8
  url="http://sjp.pwn.pl/szukaj/" + termURL + ".html"
  notFound = False
  dictPolishFound = False
  for line in urllib.urlopen(url):
    if "Nie znaleziono" in line:
      notFound = True
      break
    if re.search(".*<span class=.entry-head-title.>S..?ownik j..?zyka polskiego.*",line):
      dictPolishFound = True
      break
    if re.search(".*<span class=.entry-head-title.>Wielki s..?ownik ortograficzny.*",line):
      dictPolishFound = True
      break
    if re.search(".*<span class=.entry-head-title.>Wielki s..?ownik W. Doroszewskiego.*",line):
      dictPolishFound = True
      break
  if not notFound and dictPolishFound:
    print term
  else:
    print >> sys.stderr, "Not found in PWN: " + term

--DPMaid (talk) 18:14, 14 September 2014 (UTC)

Moving Wikipedia box and images into English language section[edit]

I have moved Wikipedia box from above the English language section into that section.

  • Technology: WT:AWB
  • Search term: {{wikipedia}}\n==English==
  • Replacement term: ==English==\n{{wikipedia}}
  • Number of edits: 2018
  • Example edit: diff
  • Edit summary: Move WP box into English language section

--DPMaid (talk) 12:07, 22 March 2015 (UTC)

I have, furthermore, moved images from above the English language section into that section.

  • Technology: WT:AWB
  • Search term: (\[\[(File|Image):.*\]\])[\n ]*==English==
  • Replacement term: ==English==\n$1
  • Number of edits: 385
  • Example edit: diff
  • Edit summary: Move image into English language section
  • Note: I sometimes added more edits manually.

--DPMaid (talk) 13:12, 22 March 2015 (UTC)

A follow-up on the 1st step, to catch e.g. "{{wikipedia|dab=digit}}":

  • Search term: ({{wikipedia\|[^}]*}})[\n ]*==English==
  • Replacement term: ==English==\n$1
  • Number of edits: 777
  • Example edit: diff

To put these numbers in perspective:

  • Search for ==English==[\n ]*{{wikipedia found 30093 items
  • Search for ==English==[^=]*\[\[(File|Image) found 7282 items

--DPMaid (talk) 14:11, 22 March 2015 (UTC)