Hello, welcome to Wiktionary, and thank you for your contributions so far.
If you are unfamiliar with wiki editing, take a look at Help:How to edit a page. It is a concise list of technical guidelines to the wiki format we use here: how to, for example, make text boldfaced or create hyperlinks. Feel free to practice in the sandbox. If you would like a slower introduction we have a short tutorial.
These links may help you familiarize yourself with Wiktionary:
- Entry layout explained (ELE) is a detailed policy documenting how Wiktionary pages should be formatted. All entries should conform to this standard. The easiest way to start off is to copy the contents of an existing page for a similar word, and then adapt it to fit the entry you are creating.
- Our Criteria for inclusion (CFI) define exactly which words can be added to Wiktionary, though it may be a bit technical and longwinded. The most important part is that Wiktionary only accepts words that have been in somewhat widespread use over the course of at least a year, and citations that demonstrate usage can be asked for when there is doubt.
- If you already have some experience with editing our sister project Wikipedia, then you may find our guide to Wikipedia users useful.
- The FAQ aims to answer most of your remaining questions, and there are several help pages that you can browse for more information.
- A glossary of our technical jargon, and some hints for dealing with the more common communication issues.
- If you have anything to ask about or suggest, we have several discussion rooms. Feel free to ask any other editors in person if you have any problems or question, by posting a message on their talk page.
You are encouraged to add a BabelBox to your userpage. This shows which languages you know, so other editors know which languages you'll be working on, and what they can ask you for help with.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wiktionarian! If you have any questions, bring them to the Wiktionary:Information desk, or ask me on my talk page. If you do so, please sign your posts with four tildes: ~~~~ which automatically produces your username and the current date and time.
In de-linking the Commons audio files on these pages, you also deleted regional information about pronunciation. Please do not do that. You can see how I have restored that information while keeping out the links to the deleted files. --EncycloPetey (talk) 05:07, 16 September 2012 (UTC)
- deleting information about pronunciation in favor of just one country is nationalist vandalism. Continue, and you will be blocked. --EncycloPetey (talk) 02:36, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, I only provided a reference. I have corrected "well" on a separate line before. The entry is badly formatted, anyway. The translations are listed under "hanzi", not "adjective". Fixing a bit with an example. --Anatoli (обсудить/вклад) 00:28, 24 September 2012 (UTC)
Block on French Wiktionary
English Wiktionary has been notified that you have been blocked on French Wiktionary, which can be confirmed from fr:Discussion_utilisateur:Fête. Some questions:
- What have you been blocked for?
- What did the blocking admin say you were blocked for?
- What is your stance toward the block?
- Was the block just? If not, why?
The problem I had on toé was not so much about the pronunciation, but that you kept editing the page before we even finished discussing it. I did a bit of research on my own and found that you were right about the pronunciation; it seems that it is in fact /twe/ and not /twɛ/. Next time, when you disagree with someone try to come with better evidence than youtube clips and other Wiktionaries; for example, a published book on Quebec French phonology such as this one would have made a great piece of evidence. Next time, instead of continuing an edit war, please make sure our discussion is finished. --WikiTiki89 23:45, 23 December 2012 (UTC)
Je ne peux supporter ton comportement. Je te surveille très bien et ça commence à atteindre les limites. Je ne suis qu'un simple utilisateur et je dois intervenir sur ton cas pour sauver un projet! Arrête maintenant, ou peut-être tu seras bloqué partout. Ĉiuĵaŭde (talk) 03:58, 31 December 2012 (UTC)
- Maybe if you didn't look so much it wouldn't bother you! Please write in English here, unless you can't. It's not the choice of completely new users who we block and who we don't block. Mglovesfun (talk) 14:35, 31 December 2012 (UTC)