User talk:Mar vin kaiser
Hello, welcome to Wiktionary, and thank you for your contributions so far.
If you are unfamiliar with wiki editing, take a look at Help:How to edit a page. It is a concise list of technical guidelines to the wiki format we use here: how to, for example, make text boldfaced or create hyperlinks. Feel free to practice in the sandbox. If you would like a slower introduction we have a short tutorial.
These links may help you familiarize yourself with Wiktionary:
- Entry layout explained (ELE) is a detailed policy documenting how Wiktionary pages should be formatted. All entries should conform to this standard. The easiest way to start off is to copy the contents of an existing page for a similar word, and then adapt it to fit the entry you are creating.
- Our Criteria for inclusion (CFI) define exactly which words can be added to Wiktionary, though it may be a bit technical and longwinded. The most important part is that Wiktionary only accepts words that have been in somewhat widespread use over the course of at least a year, and citations that demonstrate usage can be asked for when there is doubt.
- If you already have some experience with editing our sister project Wikipedia, then you may find our guide for Wikipedia users useful.
- The FAQ aims to answer most of your remaining questions, and there are several help pages that you can browse for more information.
- A glossary of our technical jargon, and some hints for dealing with the more common communication issues.
- If you have anything to ask about or suggest, we have several discussion rooms. Feel free to ask any other editors in person if you have any problems or question, by posting a message on their talk page.
You are encouraged to add a BabelBox to your userpage. This shows which languages you know, so other editors know which languages you'll be working on, and what they can ask you for help with.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wiktionarian! If you have any questions, bring them to the Wiktionary:Information desk, or ask me on my talk page. If you do so, please sign your posts with four tildes: ~~~~ which automatically produces your username and the current date and time.
Hi, I've noticed some topical categories (such as Category:tl:Construction) that you've been adding to entries are a bit inappropriate. For example, the construction category is only really for things relating to man-made constructions and the processes associated with, well, constructing them. cave does not belong here, but rather in Category:en:Landforms. Also, if nakayukyok means crouching, then it doesn't belong in the construction category either I would say because it is neither a term used exclusively in talk of construction nor a term with one sense used exclusively in relation to construction AFAICT. I noticed though that the example sentence you gave for it talked about a building, so on that note be aware that entries should only be given topical categories based on their definitions, not example sentences. User: PalkiaX50 talk to meh 12:27, 10 August 2014 (UTC)
- Hiǃ Thanks for noticingǃ Sorry about that. I used the Tagalog word for "house" as a template for creating new articles for other words, and what I thought was the Category for construction meant words that were used for constructing Tagalog sentence, which seems very amusing, now that I think about it. Anyway, I'd like to ask, do you know how to make an inflection bot for Tagalog for Tagalog verbs? I'm knowledgeable about the grammar, but I don't understand the instructions on how to do it. I'm not good at anything that comes close to programming, so I'm at a loss here. If you could help me, thanks a lotǃ —This unsigned comment was added by Mar vin kaiser (talk • contribs).
- Hi, I may be able to help you with that, but I'll probably be a bit busy for a while in the near future...I kind of tried to start making code for a bot to do Latvian entries to help another user a while back but between this and that IRL I never got too far with it. I may build on that or start from scratch depending on how bad it is. I'll try to get back to you sometime and see what I can do. Also, for replying on "traditional" talk pages like this, you can just edit the section instead of adding a new section to the page. User: PalkiaX50 talk to meh 14:58, 10 August 2014 (UTC)