Hello, welcome to Wiktionary, and thank you for your contributions so far.
If you are unfamiliar with wiki editing, take a look at Help:How to edit a page. It is a concise list of technical guidelines to the wiki format we use here: how to, for example, make text boldfaced or create hyperlinks. Feel free to practice in the sandbox. If you would like a slower introduction we have a short tutorial.
These links may help you familiarize yourself with Wiktionary:
- Entry layout explained (ELE) is a detailed policy documenting how Wiktionary pages should be formatted. All entries should conform to this standard. The easiest way to start off is to copy the contents of an existing page for a similar word, and then adapt it to fit the entry you are creating.
- Our Criteria for inclusion (CFI) define exactly which words can be added to Wiktionary, though it may be a bit technical and longwinded. The most important part is that Wiktionary only accepts words that have been in somewhat widespread use over the course of at least a year, and citations that demonstrate usage can be asked for when there is doubt.
- If you already have some experience with editing our sister project Wikipedia, then you may find our guide to Wikipedia users useful.
- The FAQ aims to answer most of your remaining questions, and there are several help pages that you can browse for more information.
- A glossary of our technical jargon, and some hints for dealing with the more common communication issues.
- If you have anything to ask about or suggest, we have several discussion rooms. Feel free to ask any other editors in person if you have any problems or question, by posting a message on their talk page.
You are encouraged to add a BabelBox to your userpage. This shows which languages you know, so other editors know which languages you'll be working on, and what they can ask you for help with.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wiktionarian! If you have any questions, bring them to the Wiktionary:Information desk, or ask me on my talk page. If you do so, please sign your posts with four tildes: ~~~~ which automatically produces your username and the current date and time.
- Thank you! Mathonius (talk) 11:53, 15 June 2012 (UTC)
Afrikaans plurals 
Just so you know, I just set up accelerated entry creation for Afrikaans plurals, so now green links should be created which you can click on if you have the option enabled at WT:PREFS. If you have any questions or find any bugs, don't hesitate to tell me. Thanks! —Μετάknowledgediscuss/deeds 03:49, 22 January 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Metaknowledge, that's really cool! :) Thank you! Mathonius (talk) 03:59, 22 January 2013 (UTC)
Can I request that you clean up Afrikaans Januarie? Also, if you could create or clean up the rest of the months, that would be awesome. Dank je wel! —Μετάknowledgediscuss/deeds 07:21, 25 January 2013 (UTC)
- I've added the plural form of Januarie and I've created entries for the other months. I can verify that Januarie is the Afrikaans translation of January: my pocket dictionary (ISBN 9789049104658) says it is. Is there anything else that should be done? Mathonius (talk) 08:51, 25 January 2013 (UTC)
- No, that's great. Thanks! I removed the attention. But what about July? —Μετάknowledgediscuss/deeds 20:03, 25 January 2013 (UTC)