User talk:Sunset Angel
Hello, welcome to Wiktionary, and thank you for your contributions so far.
If you are unfamiliar with wiki editing, take a look at Help:How to edit a page. It is a concise list of technical guidelines to the wiki format we use here: how to, for example, make text boldfaced or create hyperlinks. Feel free to practice in the sandbox. If you would like a slower introduction we have a short tutorial.
These links may help you familiarize yourself with Wiktionary:
- Entry layout explained (ELE) is a detailed policy documenting how Wiktionary pages should be formatted. All entries should conform to this standard. The easiest way to start off is to copy the contents of an existing page for a similar word, and then adapt it to fit the entry you are creating.
- Our Criteria for inclusion (CFI) define exactly which words can be added to Wiktionary, though it may be a bit technical and longwinded. The most important part is that Wiktionary only accepts words that have been in somewhat widespread use over the course of at least a year, and citations that demonstrate usage can be asked for when there is doubt.
- If you already have some experience with editing our sister project Wikipedia, then you may find our guide for Wikipedia users useful.
- The FAQ aims to answer most of your remaining questions, and there are several help pages that you can browse for more information.
- A glossary of our technical jargon, and some hints for dealing with the more common communication issues.
- If you have anything to ask about or suggest, we have several discussion rooms. Feel free to ask any other editors in person if you have any problems or question, by posting a message on their talk page.
You are encouraged to add a BabelBox to your userpage. This shows which languages you know, so other editors know which languages you'll be working on, and what they can ask you for help with.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wiktionarian! If you have any questions, bring them to the Wiktionary:Information desk, or ask me on my talk page. If you do so, please sign your posts with four tildes: ~~~~ which automatically produces your username and the current date and time.
I'm not sure what you were trying to do here, but languages with multiple scripts should have their translations kept together. Cyrillic and Roman are not languages, but rather are two scripts in use in the Serbian language. -Atelaes λάλει ἐμοί 06:23, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
Please do not refine a word, especially if there are translations given for that definition. Your changes merged two separate definitions that exist in modern English. --EncycloPetey 05:13, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
Here again, you deleted a distinct sense in English. The base of a column is a distinct architectural sense. Please take the time during which you are blocked to reflect on this issue. --EncycloPetey 05:50, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
- You were notified about deleting/mergind definitions above. You did not reply, and proceded to make another similar edit to another page. When users do not reply, and continue with the same behavior, we treat them as vandals. Wiktionary admins do not have the time to issue graded warnings the way Wikipedia does. In most cases, such warnings would be a complete waste of time. Our approach and policies on Wiktionary are very, very different from those on Wikipedia, not only because of the different content, but also because we have a very small number of admins and regular contributors compared to the number of entries and the number of vandals. --EncycloPetey 05:31, 5 March 2009 (UTC)