Wiktionary:Requested entries (Chinese)
Have an entry request? Add it to the list. - But please:
- Think twice before adding long lists of words as they may be ignored.
- If possible provide context, usage, field of relevance, etc.
Please remove entries from this list once they have been written (i.e. the link is “live”, shown in blue, and has a section for the correct language)
There are a few things you can do to help:
- For words which are listed here only in their romanized form, please add the correct form in Chinese script.
- Don’t delete words just because you don’t know them — it may be that they are used only in certain contexts or are archaic or obsolete.
- Don’t simply replace words with what you believe is the correct form. The form here may be rare or regional. Instead add the standard form and comment that the requested form seems to be an error in your experience.
Please also give a reference of where you see the word (if possible), so that wrong phrase-breaking can be picked out and correct phrase can be proposed instead. See Talk Page.
- 看好 kānhǎo, kànhǎo
- 看個夠, 看个够 kàngegòu
- KTV - see the discussion at Wiktionary:Requests_for_verification#KTV — hippietrail (talk) 01:11, 26 April 2014 (UTC)
- 利器 lìqì
- 入微 rùwēi
- 沿著, 沿着 yánzhe
- 眼红, 眼红 yǎnhóng
- 艳红, 艳红 yànhóng
- 一斑 yībān - Has Japanese entry, needs Chinese ---> Tooironic (talk) 12:03, 16 July 2014 (UTC)
- 以上 yǐshàng - Has Japanese entry, needs Chinese ---> Tooironic (talk) 12:03, 16 July 2014 (UTC)
- 有助 yǒuzhù
- 䓡 - used to mean "bamboo" in Vietnamese chu nom; perhaps a type of medicinal herb in Chinese
- 坊 (fāng) - missing sense something like "piazza", "place", "plaza", "square" as used in place names such as Jinma Biji Square in Kunming, Yunnan.
- , an old variant of 骋/騁 (chĕng) (v.) – (of a horse) gallop; hasten, hurry. Appears on KangXi, page 1439, under character 28; and also on page 1447, under character 20. It may be useful to include this entry as it is referred to at "w:Naming laws in the People's Republic of China#Ma Cheng". — Cheers, JackLee –talk– 14:12, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
- How can you add an entry that isn't even in unicode? Apart from mentioning it as a variant in the chěng entries I mean. Tooironic 10:24, 5 December 2009 (UTC)