|This is an archive page that has been kept for historical purposes. The conversations on this page are no longer live.|
- 1 October 2008
- 1.1 English to Arabic
- 1.2 English to Arabic
- 1.3 Please can someone translate the following from English to ARABIC
- 1.4 English to Khmer translation?
- 1.5 English to Russian
- 1.6 perjorative phrases in hawaiian...
- 1.7 Need Hawaiin Pidgeon translation
- 1.8 japanese translations
- 1.9 "You and no other" translated into Italian
- 1.10 Urdu and Sanskrit
- 1.11 German for pea soup?
- 1.12 "(God) bless this house" in Arabic, Persian, and/or Urdu
- 1.13 Nothing si true, everything si permitted
- 1.14 Translation into Hawaiian
- 1.15 English to Latin
- 1.16 English to Gaelic
- 1.17 english to french translation
- 1.18 Translation
- 1.19 Advanced Spanish: Mecano song "stereosexual"
- 1.20 English to Persian
- 1.21 Live Life
- 1.22 tattoo, english to arabic
- 1.23 help needed to translate this lyric to japanese.
English to Arabic
What is the translation, into arabic, for the following two names
Finlay = فينلي
Cody = كودي
Many thanks in advance
English to Arabic
Can someone transalate to Arabic "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
- Arabic: ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، وكل ما هو مسموح به
Please can someone translate the following from English to ARABIC
IN GOD I TRUST
أنا اثق في الله
أنا اؤمن بالله
English to Khmer translation?
Hi there, I'm looking to translate the following phrase into Khmer script:
- I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees -
English to Russian
Hi, i'd really like the phrase "The question isn't who is going to let me, it's who is going to stop me" translated from english to russian for a tattoo
- - thanks :)
- "Дело не в том, кто допустит меня, а в том, кто остановит.", but it would be sure if some native speaker confirmed it, although I am confident. Bogorm 19:53, 3 November 2008 (UTC)
- Сonsider replacing "допустит меня" with "мне позволит" Anonymous 10:18, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
what are you doing today
can you translate "strength of will" into latin, please?
perjorative phrases in hawaiian...
- in good fun between myself and a friend of mine that has lived in hawaii for years now -
- i'm looking for trash talk that is local to the island (in good taste) in the "local" spelling....
you're a loser. i am unimpressed. etc - but i would really prefer the phrases/lexicon that the locals use in similar situations... any ideas?
Mahalo nui loa!
Need Hawaiin Pidgeon translation
Please translate the following phrases from English to Hawaiin:
Rock Attitude, Surf Stlye
Save the Mermaids
how would you write these words in Japanese: crocodile, gorilla, owl, and ant? thanks a million
- crocodile = 鰐 (わに, wáni)
- gorilla = ゴリラ (gorira)
- owl = 梟 (ふくろう, fukurō)
- ant = 蟻 (あり, arí) —Stephen 23:00, 8 October 2008 (UTC)
"You and no other" translated into Italian
I would like to have my fiance's wedding ring engraved with the phrase "you and no other". I would greatly appreciate anyone who would translate that from english to italian!
- "Tu e nessun’altro"
- Unless you mean fiancee, in which case: "Tu e nessun’altra"
Urdu and Sanskrit
How do i write "trust no one" in urdu and sanskrit? —This comment was unsigned.
German for pea soup?
What is the German word for "pea soup"? RJFJR 23:40, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
"(God) bless this house" in Arabic, Persian, and/or Urdu
As in, a set phrase you might see on a plaque hung over the front door
Nothing si true, everything si permitted
I'm trying to get a tattoo in Hebrew that reads
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Any help would be appreciated
-Why in Hebrew? It's an Arabic expression, and a Muslim one at that. The literal (and slightly incorrect) translation is above anyway.
Translation into Hawaiian
Please translate "Oh, We Bless You Lord" into Hawaiian. Thanks
- "Hoʻomaikaʻi mākou iā ʻoe, ʻo Ke Akua". I've used "Ke Akua", which means "God", instead of "Lord". You could substitute Ke Akua with Iehova for Jehovah or Iesū for Jesus if you wanted. Kal (talk) 04:41, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
strength comes from family
English to Latin
I need a translation for 'Love surviving Death' in Latin. I've searched everywhere I can, but I can't seem to find a word specifically for 'surviving.' Is there a word for 'survive' that means the same?
That is a good one, i believe you could also use Supervivit, to survive, outlive. -Alexandra from Norway
English to Gaelic
Would anyone be able to translate "brotherhood" into Gaelic? I would also appreciate it written in Gaelic Script.
english to french translation
you are my adoration and I want to spend the rest of my life with you —This comment was unsigned.
Je t'adore et je veux passer le reste de ma vie avec toi. (Note: je t'adore is I adore you. I wrote it this way because adoration is the feeling of love, not the person loved.) Equinox 18:19, 7 November 2008 (UTC)
Translation of "A Journey to light" in Hindi
Advanced Spanish: Mecano song "stereosexual"
Here's a fun one to try to make heads or tails of. I think that several of the words here which I've linked could use extra explanation, and some of the phrases just bugger my imagination. I've found a transcript of lyrics; condensing the redundant portions: GURGLE SPOT!! YO homey G!!! WAZZAAAA?!?! Cuando me desperté,
y vi otro tío acostado
de espaldas a mi lado me dije "pavo éste quién es", (explain that phrase?) (ANSWER: "who is this dude?")
luego ya razoné,
la culpa es del alcohol,
debí mezclar ayer hasta volverme maricón. (They're all simple words, but the grammar loses me! Also, should suffixed pronouns be indexed for "volver"?) (...What do you mean by "indexed"? The grammar of which words do you question?)
Y que dirán de mí,
dirán que eres gay,
lo tendré que asumir, (I think this may be a somewhat broader usage)
no te apures rey, ("do not rush king?")
me hacen para tal para cual,
verás como sí, Stereosexual,
con mi novia no sé,
creo que se lo diré,
de forma gradual para que no le sienta mal
Cuando me había hecho a la idea
el varón se despertó,
y resultó ser una tía ("the man woke up and resulted to be a woman"; perhaps add "turn out" as a definition?) ("it turned out to be a prostitute")
con el pelo a lo Grace Jones
aunque ya se fotocopie
por delante y por detrás
a mi me sale más a cuenta
por un lado nada más.
(These lyrics are copyrighted by somebody and presented only for fair use commentary/discussion --- for once the literal truth, even)
English to Persian
Hi! Does anybody knows how u say no regrets in Persian???? Thank u.
- How about: نه حسرت or بی حسرت
Live Life into Arabic or Sandskrit
- عش الحياة
tattoo, english to arabic
"What nourishes me also destroys me" could you translate that to arabic?
help needed to translate this lyric to japanese.
hi. can anyone help me to translate this lyric? i really need this favour as i need it for my proposal to my loved one. really appreciate the help. thanks.
- 我们只要现在相爱 幸福就来
- 恨我来不及参与你的过去 抱歉让你等待
- 我愿意 付出一切交换 我灵魂的另一半
really hope can receive this favour asap. please. thanks once again.