Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: -words
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /wɜːdz/, Template:X-SAMPA
- (US) enPR: wûrdz, IPA(key): /wɝdz/, Template:X-SAMPA
words (plural form of word)
- (linguistics) Distinct units of language (sounds in speech or written letters), each with a particular meaning, composed of one or more morphemes, and also of one or more phonemes that determine its sound pattern.
- Distinct units of language, each with a set meaning, spelling, and pronunciation, which is approved by some authority.
- (computing) Numerical values, each with a bit width native to the machine.
- (units of language): terms
units of language
Third person singular
says or writes using particular words