Wiktionary:Votes/2012-08/Rollback edit summaries
Rollback edit summaries
- Voting on: Making the default summary for a rollback as performed by administrators and rollbackers to welcome the revertee to comment on the change if they think it was a mistake.
This is designed to make Wiktionary a more newbie-friendly place, so that newbies feel like they are welcome to discuss the change in question instead of being shut out and ignored.
Changing the content of Mediawiki:Revertpage from:
Please note that it will remain possible to keep the old edit summary, or to write a different one, by modifying your .js file (for example User:Metaknowledge/vector.js).
- Vote starts: 00:01, 15 August 2012 (UTC)
- Vote ends: 23:59, 13 September 2012 (UTC)
- Vote created: --Μετάknowledgediscuss/deeds 02:22, 9 August 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Μετάknowledgediscuss/deeds 16:25, 15 August 2012 (UTC) - Note also that I am open to changes in wording, which can be done by consensus after the vote.
- Support. I'd have preferred a shorter text (see talkpage), but this is good, too. IMO future changes in wording need no vote.—msh210℠ (talk) 16:59, 15 August 2012 (UTC)
- Support —CodeCat 17:01, 15 August 2012 (UTC) (but I think it should be written as "talk page" with a space)
- Ruakh originally had it as "talk-page", I believe, but I shortened it. If it really bothers you, just fix your .js (in fact, editors who revert a lot probably should fix their .js so that it links to their talkpage, like my rollback edit summary does. --Μετάknowledgediscuss/deeds 17:10, 15 August 2012 (UTC)
- Support. What msh210 said. —RuakhTALK 17:16, 15 August 2012 (UTC)
- Support. Tho future changes may not need a vote, a discussion should precede those changes - except for minor and/or stylistic ones. --BiblbroX дискашн 22:41, 15 August 2012 (UTC)
- Support. --Vahag (talk) 14:41, 21 August 2012 (UTC)
- Support. DAVilla 03:34, 22 August 2012 (UTC)
- Support. — Ungoliant (Falai) 18:22, 22 August 2012 (UTC)
- Support - -sche (discuss) 21:19, 22 August 2012 (UTC)
- Support Neskaya … gawonisgv? 02:46, 3 September 2012 (UTC) Seems a little too wordy to me, but other than that's fine. --Neskaya … gawonisgv? 02:46, 3 September 2012 (UTC)
Passes unanimously. I have modified the page accordingly. Please note that wording changes can be brought up in the BP and handled by consensus. --Μετάknowledgediscuss/deeds 05:59, 16 September 2012 (UTC)