Wiktionary:Votes/sy-2008-10/User:PalkiaX50 for admin
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
User:PalkiaX50 for admin
- Nomination: I hereby nominate PalkiaX50 (50 Xylophone Players) as a local English Wiktionary Administrator. Consistent contributor. Conrad.Irwin 20:14, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
- Vote ends: 23:59 12 November 2008 (UTC)
- Vote started: 00:00 29 October 2008 (UTC)
- Acceptance: I will continue to do my best with Japanese entries and will be happy to try and give people any help they need with stuff related to French and Irish.
- Languages: en, fr, ga, ja
- Timezone: UTC+1 (since 26 October)
- Email enabled
- Support Teh Rote 20:30, 28 October 2008 (UTC). Looking over their contributions, it looks like this user would make a great administrator. Teh Rote 20:30, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
- Support Nadando 23:31, 29 October 2008 (UTC) Formatting looks good, I don't have any specific objections. Nadando 23:31, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
- Support. (Among the netizenry, fifteen-year-olds aren't exactly spring chickens anyway.) —RuakhTALK 01:31, 30 October 2008 (UTC)
- Support —Stephen 14:38, 30 October 2008 (UTC) Although I strongly disagree with his philosophy of having difficult-to-type macrons in romaji entries, everything else seems fine.
- Support EncycloPetey 22:46, 31 October 2008 (UTC) - Like Stephen I may disagree with some specifics in his Japanese formatting and entry coding, but the qualifications to be a good admin are there. --EncycloPetey 22:46, 31 October 2008 (UTC)
- Support Conrad.Irwin 01:28, 12 November 2008 (UTC) (nominator)
- Support -Atelaes λάλει ἐμοί 04:34, 13 November 2008 (UTC) While I haven't interacted with this editor much, edits look good. I've had too much experience with fifteen year olds being more mature than I to let that be an issue. -Atelaes λάλει ἐμοί 04:34, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
- Support. Based on a review of this editor's history, I see no reason to deny him the tools. bd2412 T 20:45, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
- Weak oppose Gauss 23:11, 12 November 2008 (UTC) Yes, not all administrators put Babel boxes with estimated language levels on their user page as they're supposed to, and a desire for quantity is not at all inappropriate in this project (quality isn't the only criterion), and we all make mistakes (although usually not with right those words), but still, there are quite some smallish things (and I haven't even checked what differences regarding policy some supporters mentioned). In sum I would rather defer this promotion at this time. -- Gauss 23:11, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose Jackofclubs 14:40, 15 November 2008 (UTC) - Gave a rather defensive response about Gauss's oppose vote, possibly lacks maturity. --Jackofclubs 14:40, 15 November 2008 (UTC)
- Abstain Ƿidsiþ 20:32, 28 October 2008 (UTC) I'm afraid I haven't seen enough of his/her work to really know either way.
- Abstain H. (talk) 05:49, 29 October 2008 (UTC) I am wary of making such young people administrators, although I admit his contributions look good.
- Abstain Neskaya kanetsv 16:01, 29 October 2008 (UTC) While I disagree with abstaining because of age (as I was not that much older when I first became a sysop myself, and I believe that ageism has no place on the Wiki projects when users have proved judgment and maturity) I have to abstain due to not having had any substantial interactions with the user. Although the edits look good, and I would perhaps support the nom in the future after having talked with and worked with the user. --Neskaya kanetsv 16:01, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
- Abstain Thryduulf 22:17, 29 October 2008 (UTC) Age is irrelevant, but I don't recall this user so it would be unfair of me to say yay or nay. Sorry to pile on the abstains.
- Abstain SemperBlotto 14:45, 15 November 2008 (UTC) - I can't remember this user reverting any vandalism (a good sign of a future sysop), and I don't like his confusing signature.