- IPA: ˈwəʊlɒf
- Respell: woh-lof
- A West African people, mostly in Senegal
- (countable) An individual member of the Wolof
- The language of the Senegalese (ISO: wo & wol) and Gambian (ISO: wof) Wolof
- The former realm of the Wolof, maintained from the 14th to the 19th centuries
The spelling Wolof is the most common in reference to the people and their language, but the variant spellings "Jolof" and "Jollof" are more common when used in reference to their former polity ("Jolof Empire" or "Kingdom") and a native rice dish ("jollof rice"), respectively.
- "Wolof, n. and adj." in the Oxford English Dictionary. Oxford University Press (Oxford), 1986.