Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
The family name is from the German Joder, the name of a clan in the Canton of Bern, Switzerland; which is in turn from the given name Theodor, after St Theodorus, an early Christian religious leader in Switzerland.
- A surname.
- Any of the places in the U.S. named after people with the family name Yoder.
- Family Names "Yoder", accessed on 2005-05-19
- Yoder (Mennonite Encyclopedia, Herald Press, Vol. 4, p. 1004-1005), accessed on 2005-05-19, which in turn cites:
- Historisch-biographisches Lexikon der Schweiz
- March 2004 information, accessed on 2005-05-19, which in turn cites:
- Yoder Newsletter, Volume 1, Number 1, May 1983
- Yoder coat of arms, accessed on 2005-05-19