Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Derivative of abort
aborted (not comparable)
- Brought forth prematurely.
- (biology) Rendered abortive or sterile; undeveloped; checked in normal development at a very early stage; as, spines are aborted branches.
- "The eyes of the cirripeds are more or less aborted in their mature state." -Richard Owen.
brought forth prematurely
rendered abortive or sterile
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Simple past tense and past participle of abort.