Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- X-SAMPA: /@kleI"md/
- Greatly praised or lauded, revered, highly respected.
- She's an acclaimed writer, her books are bestsellers before they are published.
- 2010, John Ferling, John Adams: A Life, page 446:
- Franklin the scientist, inventor, and exponent of thrift and hard work, the very embodiment of the native religion of upward mobility, may have been even more acclaimed than in his own time.
- simple past tense and past participle of acclaim