Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (countable, fandom slang) A fanfic focusing on the imagined activities of a real actor or actors.
2003 4 March, pam, “Re: Long time gone, any recs?”, alt.tv.x-files.creative, Usenet:
- Short of actual actorfics (which don't seem to have reared their ugly heads mych[sic] recently), now & in the past, most references I've noticed tend to be harmless humourous little injokes in which, say, M or S discovers an old magazine in which the other appears in an embarassing[sic] photo identical to one of DD or GA's.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see the citations page.
- (uncountable, fandom slang) Such fan fiction collectively.
- 2007, Kristin Thompson, The Frodo Franchise: The Lord of the Rings and Modern Hollywood, University of California Press (2007), ISBN 9780520247741, page 179:
- An early article on Slate, otherwise sympathetic to slash fiction, declared that "actorfic" violated fanfic's basic principle of being fantasy: "Writers risk enraging straight actors. Slash infuriates actors even when it focuses only on fictional characters."