Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
airbridge (plural airbridges)
- An aerobridge or jetway, a telescoping corridor from an airport terminal to an aircraft for secure boarding and disembarkation.
- The route and aircraft used to deliver material by an airlift.
- (integrated circuits) A conductor on an integrated circuit that crosses over other conductors with an air gap introduced between in the wafer manufacturing process.
- The Schottky contact is connected to the anode pad using a Gold airbridge.
1985, Jeffrey Frey, K. B. Bhasin, Microwave integrated circuits, page 273:
- Figure 3a shows the process flow for an air dielectric cross-over or air bridge
1986, General Electric Company (Great Britain), The GEC journal of research, volume 4, page 107:
- An airbridge is essentially a thick plated strap which crosses over one or several conductors with an air gap in between for low parasitic coupling
1988, Joseph Mun, GaAs integrated circuits, page 216:
- Here the so-called 'air-bridge' crossover is useful. This crossover consists of a deposited strap which crosses over one or more conductors with an air gap in between for low capacitive coupling.