Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
albeit (plural albeit, rarely and debatably albethey)
- although, despite being
- He has a very good idea, albeit a strange one.
Unlike although, albeit cannot also introduce a subordinate clause. Either can introduce a noun phrase, adjectival phrase, or adverbial phrase.
- 2001, Eoin Colfer, Artemis Fowl, page 92:
- The stranger had crossed a sacred line. He had mentioned the men’s mothers. Nothing could get him out of a beating now, even the fact that he was obviously a simpleton. Albeit a simpleton with a good vocabulary.
- 2007 June 17, Ellen Marrus, in the Houston Chronicle:
- There’s an easy, albeit expensive, way to fix the national crisis in forensic crime labs.
- 2011 September 24, Ben Dirs, “Rugby World Cup 2011: England 67-3 Romania”, BBC Sport:
- Up front, skipper and open-side Lewis Moody looked almost back to full fitness, while England's set-piece was barely troubled, albeit against a Romania side showing 11 changes from that beaten by Argentina earlier in the week.
despite its being; although