Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
amby (plural ambies)
- (informal) An ambidextrous person.
1997 11 April, RP Pelletier, “Re: Burton Slide Test”, rec.skiing.snowboard, Usenet:
- Next time you have an amby, tell them quick like to close their eyes and serve a volleyball. Everybody prefers one side for something that they do, it's just a matter if syncing that something with a good choice to start the unknown with.
- 1999, Cliff Gromer (ed.), "Great Stuff", Popular Mechanics, August 1999:
- The slim design makes for easy one-hand opening for righties, lefties and ambies.
- 2001, Rita Robinson, Discover Yourself Through Palm Reading, New Page Books (2001), ISBN 1564145425, page 41:
- Medical scientists speculate that lefties and ambies exercise their brains more and grow more cells.