Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
annish (plural annishes)
- (dated, fandom slang) Issue of a periodical that marks the anniversary of its first publication.
1952 April, Gregg Calkins, Famous Fantastic Mysteries, volume 13, number 3, page 12:
- On January 1st, 1952 (past history to you readers) I expect to put out Volume 1, Number 1 of OOPSLA, my own fan mag. Sub rates are 10c per copy, 60c a year at a bi-monthly schedule. At that price goes the possibility of an annish.
1986 November, Walt Willis, “The Harp That Once or Twice”, Science-Fiction Five-Yearly, number 8, page 6:
- Professor rich brown has recently promulgated a theory of the Conservation of Egoboo, which postulates that the amount of egoboo resulting from any given piece of fanac is constant. He points out that Nydahl is now as famous for his gafia as he would have been if his annish had received the acclaim he expected.
- Brave New Words: The Oxford Dictionary of Science Fiction, Oxford University Press, 2007, p. 7
- annish n. at the OED Science Fiction Citations Project