Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Armageddon
Generalization of Armageddon.
- Rhymes: -ɛdən
- Hyphenation: Ar‧ma‧ged‧don
armageddon (plural armageddons)
- The scene of a decisive conflict on a great scale.
- Any great and crucial conflict.
2009 February 13, Mark Lawson, “A tabloid Carmen”, The Guardian:
- In comparison to Nixon-Mao, terrorism and armageddon, Anna Nicole Smith may seem lightweight, but it could prove an inspired choice.
- apocalypse, catastrophe, day of reckoning, destruction, disaster, doomsday, judgement day, nuclear holocaust, end times, end of the world, ragnarok
Any great and crucial conflict