Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
armature (plural armatures)
- The rotating part of an electric motor or dynamo, which mostly consists of coils of wire around a metal core.
- The moving part in an electromechanical device like a loudspeaker or a buzzer.
- A piece of soft steel or iron that connects the poles of a magnet
- (sculpture) A supporting framework in a sculpture.
- A protective organ, structure, or covering of an animal or plant, for defense or offense, like claws, teeth, thorns, or the shell of a turtle.
- Armor or a suit of armor.
armature f (plural armatures)
- framework (supportive structure)
- Plural form of armatura