Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Arni
arni (plural arnis)
- The wild water buffalo, Bubalis arnee
1868, Charles Darwin, The Variation of Animals and Plants Under Domestication, Vol. I.:
- Besides these three species and the zebu, the yak, the gayal, and the arni (not to mention the buffalo or genus Bubalus) have been domesticated; making altogether seven species of Bos.
1904, Arthur Erwin Brown, “The Zoology of North American Big Game”, in American Big Game in Its Haunts:
- In the arni of India they are enormously long.
- Wild water buffalo on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Wild water buffalo
- Bubalis arnee on Wikispecies. Wikispecies: Bubalis arnee