Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- As to suggest the idea that; as if, as would be true if.
- I felt sick, as though I'd just eaten a dozen bad oysters.
- She reached out, as though to touch my face.
- 2013, Daniel Taylor, Steven Gerrard goal against Poland ensures England will go to World Cup (in The Guardian, 15 October 2013)
- By that stage Townsend, playing again as though immune to any form of nerves, had curled a lovely, left-footed effort against the crossbar and Welbeck had slashed a shot wide from a position when he really should have done better.
- 1900, Charles W. Chesnutt, The House Behind the Cedars, Chapter I,
- But the tall tower, with its four- faced clock, rose as majestically and uncompromisingly as though the land had never been subjugated.
as to suggest that