Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Pertaining to, resulting from, or characterised by association; capable of associating; tending to associate or unite.
- (algebra, of an operator ) such that, for any operands ,
- (computing) addressable by a key more complex than an integer index
- Awk's associative arrays may be indexed by strings.
- Associative memories were once given considerable attention.
Derived terms 
algebraic property of an operator
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- feminine form of associatif
- Feminine plural form of associativo
- absolute definite natural masculine form of associativ.