asswage (third-person singular simple present asswages, present participle asswaging, simple past and past participle asswaged)
- obsolete spelling of assuage
- 1611, Bible (Authorized, or King James, Version), Genesis 8:1
- And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters asswaged;
- 1611, Bible (Authorized, or King James, Version), Job 16:5-6
- 5. But I would strengthen you with my mouth, and the moving of my lips should asswage your grief.
- 6. Though I speak, my grief is not asswaged: and though I forbear, what am I eased?