Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A thick drink or thin gruel made from cornmeal
1851, Mayne Reid, The Scalp Hunters:
- "Pan fino, pan bianco!" screams the baker; and other cries from the vendors of atole, huevos, and leche, are uttered in shrill, discordant voices.
2006 January 13, David Hammond, “Beyond the Burrito, Part 2: Michoacan”, Chicago Reader:
- Since the days of the Tarascans, the corn-loving folks of Michoacan have enjoyed atole, a maize-based gruel flavored with chocolate, fruit, tamarind, or herbs.
2007 April 13, S. Kirk Walsh, “Festivals With a Mexican Flair”, New York Times:
- Visitors can learn to make their own tortillas or sample the traditional cornmeal drink atole.
- nominative plural of
- accusative plural of
- vocative plural of
- First-person singular (eu) present subjunctive of atolar
- Third-person singular (ele, ela, also used with tu and você?) present subjunctive of atolar
- Third-person singular (você) affirmative imperative of atolar
- Third-person singular (você) negative imperative of atolar
- atol (Cuba, El Salavador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela)
atole m (plural atoles)
- (Mexico) atole
- English: atole