Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- frightful, evil, cruel or monstrous
- Prisons have been the sites of atrocious mistreatment of prisoners.
- offensive or heinous
- very bad; abominable or disgusting
- Their taste in clothes is just atrocious.
- Nouns to which "atrocious" is often applied: crime, act, murder, condition, spelling, grammar.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.