Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From back (verb)
- simple past tense and past participle of
backed (not comparable)
- (obsolete, slang) Put on one's back; killed; rendered dead.
- He wishes to have the senior, or old square-toes, backed; he longs to have his father on six men's shoulders; that is, carried to the grave.
- (in combination) Having specified type of back.
- a high-backed chair
- red-backed shrike
- (in combination) Having specified type of backing.
- asset-backed securities
- The Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue / Lexicon Balatronicum: A Dictionary of Buckish Slang, University Wit, and Pickpocket Eloquence: altered and enlarged (London; 1811)