Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
batterie (plural batteries)
- (dance) A brilliant display of virtuosity in which the dancer's legs open and close rapidly while in the air, with the illusion of striking together and rebounding.
- (music) The percussion section of an orchestra or band, the battery; marching instruments in a drumline, as opposed to the pit.
- (display of virtuosity): battu
- “battery” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
batterie f (plural batteries)
- (military) battery
- (music) percussion, drum kit, battery/batterie
- battery (electricity storing device)
- (dance) batterie
- (agriculture) battery
- "batterie" in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- plural form of