Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Engaged in warfare, warring.
- Eager to go to war, warlike.
- Of or pertaining to war.
- (By extension) Aggressively hostile, eager to fight.
- Acting violently towards others.
- (eager to fight): aggressive, antagonistic, bellicose, combative, contentious, pugnacious, quarrelsome, truculent
engaged in warfare
eager to go to war
of or pertaining to war
hostile, eager to fight
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
belligerent (plural belligerents)
- A state or other armed participant in warfare
- The U.N. sent a treaty proposal to the belligerents.
state or other armed participant in warfare
- Hyphenation: bel‧li‧ge‧rent
Declension of belligerent
belligerent m (plural belligerenten)
- A belligerent, armed party in warfare
- third-person plural present active subjunctive of