Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Present participle of belt.
belting (plural beltings)
- A beating with a belt.
- (figuratively) A thorough defeat; a thrashing.
2009 August 24, Matt Johnston, “Race for the eight as AFL finals approach”, Herald Sun:
- He said recent nail-biting finals had renewed interest in the end-of-season contests, after a series of one-sided beltings earlier this decade.
- A system of beltwork, as in a conveyor or other mechanical device.
- The material from which belts for machinery are made.
belting (not comparable)