Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɛndə(r)
bender (plural benders)
- One who, or that which, bends.
- A device to aid bending of pipes to a specific angle.
- (slang) A bout of heavy drinking.
- He's been out on a bender with his mates.
- (chiefly UK, slang, derogatory) A homosexual man.
- a simple shelter, made using flexible branches or withies
- (obsolete, UK, slang) A sixpence.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Charles Dickens, The Pickwick Papers to this entry?)
device to help bending
slang: bout of heavy drinking
slang: homosexual man
simple shelter — see bender tent